Our 16 Week Program is one of the most complete and information dense curriculums in the country. It is a perfect stepping-off point for those seeking a career in dog training, or for the serious hobbyist or sport trainer that wants to improve their skills and round out their education.
Completion of the program gives the student a certificate for each, individual subject completed, as well as an overall certificate for the complete program.
The program is offered two times per year. We have a Spring Program and a Fall Program.
We are now accepting applications for the FALL 2017 Program which starts on August 7, 2017.
The Michael Ellis School Immersion Program includes the following:
- Students attend each of the courses we offer:
- Puppy Development - one week
- Obedience Intensive - two weeks
- Motivation - one week
- Management - one week
- Advanced Obedience 1 - two weeks
- Advanced Obedience 2 - one week
- Proper Use of the Electric Collar - two days
- Fundamentals of Detection Sports 1 - one week
- Fundamentals of Detection Sports 2 - one week
- Protection 1 - Theory
- Protection 2 - Decoy Skills
- Protection 3 - Training Sport Exercises
- Private Lessons/Coaching with staff each week.
- “Special Topic” sessions w/Michael every two weeks.
- Private meetings with Michael once per month.
- Dock Diving Instruction and use of our 48ft Dock Diving Pool
- Opportunities to shadow experienced, professional trainers while they work with clients.
- Guest lecturers and various extracurricular activities, such as tracking, rally, agility, etc.
- Immersion students have additional access to , and use of our facilities outside of class, as well as some opportunities to attend our private staff training sessions
- Students, who wish to, will be added to our database of graduates, which we use for referrals
Dates for Fall 2017
Orientation August 6, 2017
Classes begin August 7, 2017
Classes end November 24, 2017
Graduation November 25, 2017
10 students are admitted per session.*
The program cost is $18,000. You must pay a $1000 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit which includes our $50 application fee and holds your spot.
If you are not admitted, your deposit will be returned, less the application fee.
*Lodging and equipment is not included. We will send you an application when we are notified that you have paid your deposit.
Contact us for lodging options and equipment list.
Students must bring a dog, or make arrangements with us for a "loaner dog"
Dogs must stay with students during the program, so participants should choose lodging accordingly.
For full participation, student dogs should be generally outgoing, food motivated, and ideally, they should like to play.
Students can bring more than one dog if they choose, but that may limit lodging options to some degree.
This program is very intensive, and requires a fair amount of physical activity. Students should be ready for full days and very structured schedules.
We have references from past graduates upon request.
Please contact us with specific questions, or if you would like to enroll.